December 27, 2009

Good Karma


"Good Karma".2009. 6"x6". Acrylic on Canvas,

This is a new style of the previous "Good Karma" painting. I revised the style to simple shapes and color for a simple graphic effect. I wanted to take out the texture, simplify the shapes and brighten the colors. This style tends to make better prints, in my opinion, because of the clean edges and the bold colors help the images to pop on a wall.

I also wanted to make sure the story of the painting would stay the same, I feel I had success in that area. (To read the story see the post for December 27 2009.) I am going to continue to work on this series, and this painting will take a few more until it is ready for a big canvas. I am happy with this version of "Good Karma" . The image would do well blown up on a wall for a mural, or as is for a print on a nursery room wall. It would also be a fun addition for any room in the house to bring a splash of color and some positive energy.

Hope you all enjoy this version of "Good Karma", just one in the series of Bird-Spirit Story Paintings. Back to work for me....

"Good Karma" revised is not yet available for sale. Please check out the link to my etsy store for other items. Just click on the sidebar photos to view the store!

No comments: