December 21, 2009

And now for something a little Different...

It has been a while since my last post, obviously. I have been through some changes in the last year, as I am sure we have all been. But as a changed woman, I believe I can start my story here. Or restart where I left off... New deals with my self have been placed on the table, new art has been made and now a new blog can be written.
What brings about this newness, this wind of change? I am 30 today. Yes the third decade of my life has begun and I am looking forward to it being the best decade to date. I don't know that I feel comfortable telling everyone my age, but there it is... in black and white. Doesn't look to bad. In fact it looks fabulous! So on to the art.

I have started a new series titled "The Elemental Bird-Spirits and their Gifts for Humanity." I will be posting photos and stories of the series and my trials and tribulations with trying to sell the work on etsy.com I am currently working through the elements of design, style and color with each themed painting. This will make more sense when I post the photos and explain my process. Basically each painting is a story on the lives of members of the bird-spirit community (a fictional wonderful place that exists between the here and now.)

The characters I have focused on to date are two: Uriel a female fire bird-spirit, who was made from the ashes of lost human dreams. And Raffey, an air bird spirit, whom has a beautiful healing song that can not be heard by human ears. These two characters have been the focus of most of my current work. They are soon to be joined by others. Here are some photos. I will return later to give the stories, and talk about the work. Thanks.






"Holding Onto Hope." 6"x6"........ ..........."First Kiss" 4"x4".



"Good Karma." 4"x4". ....................."Mutual Respect." 6"x6".

No comments: